Aquarium Snail Species > Quick Stats
Aquatic Snails like to feed on Plaster Food Blocks. Snails forage on left over food and graze on algae therefore a small colony should not be of
Very easy, most times you dont' need to do a thing. Snails lay eggs.
A wide range of conditions.
This site was created to get straight to the point. Below are some tips on keeping Aquarium Snails. Send any additional information or questions to Ask An Expert
They do best when kept alone or away from anything that can fit them in it's mouth.
Aquarium Snail Species: Key Points, Tips & Tricks - Aquarium Snail Q/A
- Most snails feed on dead plants and animals.
- Snails have a muscular foot with slime glands. The slime aids them while they crawl on their foot.
- There are two main types of snails, those that have just gills and those that have lungs. The snails with gills are called Gilled Snails. The ones with lungs are called Pulmonate snails.
Aquarium Snail Species: DO'S - Aquarium Snail Q/A
- Do not buy snails that are on the bottom of the aquarium, they could be of poor quality.
- Snails that are active are healthy, it's a general rule of thumb.
Aquarium Snail Species: DONT'S - Aquarium Snail Q/A
- Snails do not survive in cold ponds.
Follow the above recommendations and you should have a joyful Aquarium Snail experience. Send any questions, comments or pictures to Ask An Expert If you are interested in helping out visit our contributions page.