Photo Courtesy of: andras.net
Foxes Species > Quick Stats
Algae eaters & Flake Food Stuff.
There is no clear cut or planned breeding technique that can be used on these families. Although they have breed in captivity it has been only accidental.
All members of this group prefer a pH that is slightly Acid to slightly Alkaline in the range of 6.5 to 7.5.
This site was created to get straight to the point. Below are some tips on keeping Foxess. If you need more information navigate to the related web links section. Send any additional information or questions to Ask An Expert
Sharks and foxes are good fish for community tanks with large robust tankmates, or for with cichlids. Siamese foxes are a good community fish for tanks with medium and large fish, and are a good algae eater.foxes tend to be territorial. Can be kept in any community tank. Adult specimens often get aggressive toward each other, so there shouldn't be more than one "false siamensis" in a tank. Any aggressions are primarily directed at members of their own species, but sometimes other fish may be chased. It is not recommended to keep them with very timid fish or fancy-finned tank-mates. The Siamese fox is an exception, although they sometimes chase others of their species, other fish are rarely bothered.
Foxes Species: Key Points, Tips & Tricks - Foxes Q/A
- The "Flying Fox" will stop eating algae at older age and become hostile towards other fish, even of its own kind, while the SAE lives peacefully and eats algae throughout its life cycle.
- Most of these fish eat algae, the Siamese fox most notably, but they do not bother plants.
- SAE, or Siamese Algae Eater is one of the few fish that will eat brush or beard algae, so often is counted among the arsenal of planted tank enthusiasts.
Foxes Species: DO'S - Foxes Q/A
- Know the difference: SAE's are confused with the Flying Fox, and the False Siamensis. What's worse is that often the SAE is called the Siamese Flying Fox. That does not mean a Flying Fox is the same as a SAE. Both the "False siamensis", and Flying Fox have a gold to white stripe above the black lateral stripe the SAE is famous for.
Foxes Species: DONT'S - Foxes Q/A
- Don't get a Flying Fox when you want and SAE. They are very different.
Foxes Common Species Care Sheet - (PETCO.com)
Follow the above recommendations and you should have a joyful Fox experience. Send any questions, comments or pictures to Ask An Expert If you are interested in helping out visit our contributions page.